St. Mary School provides an authentic Catholic education. This education allows students to be life-long learners with an understanding of the call to service.
St. Mary’s Catholic School Board
February 7, 2017
Opening – School Board Prayer
Approval of minutes from previous meeting.
1 Finance and Development – Jill / Brian
2 Enrollment & Marketing – Annette
• Catholic School’s Week Breakfast went well.
• Mission Party went well – raised approximately $2008.00
• Committee Meeting after this meeting tonight.
3 Catholic Identity / Policy & Procedure - Angie
• Still working on policy for giving families money.
• Need representatives for four members of sending parishes.
4 Principal Evaluation – Jill (in Spring).
5 Strategic Planning – Brian
• CMS Roofing was contacted – two areas of the roof are still under warranty and will be repaired at no charge. Presently there is around $1000.00 in repairs needed (not under warranty).
Old / Ongoing Business:
• Special Guest: Mrs. Laurie – School Lunches
◦ St. Mary’s needs an “Unpaid Lunch Policy.” It is recommended that the Policy and Procedure Committee come up with a policy and have the Finance Council look at it.
◦ We are not where we should be pricewise, on school lunches. We are running in deficit each month for school lunches.
◦ New price for school lunches need to be determined by the end of the school year. (April meeting).
◦ We would like Mrs. Laurie to come back to the April Meeting (held on March 27, 2017).
• Progress on goals to erase deficit:
◦ Increase enrollments
◦ Fundraising – Mike Hernandezpeterson – to come to April Meeting for tips on fundraising.
• HASA – Kim
◦ No report – will have report at next meeting.
• Pastor’s Report – Father Daniel
◦ Next month is the Parish Mission – it will run from the first Sunday in March thru March 7, 2017
◦ To prepare for Lent and Easter – first reconciliation for the children will be Thursday.
◦ In December, Father received some money and applied it to the debt. Finance Committee will get it.
• Principal’s Report – Mrs. Sandor
◦ Tuition payments are current
◦ March 27, 2017 is needed for make up snow day. School is in session Easter Monday, April 17, 2017. This follows ENS calendar.
◦ Catholic School’s Week was a phenomenal success. Focus on LOVE.
◦ Working on a successful grant request with Joe Pounds from Dekko for the fence / walking path.
◦ Prayers needed for Sister Teresa – she is having surgery 02-08-17. Students will pray every hour for her at school on that day,
◦ One St. Mary and one St. Joseph parent has shown interest in being the Athletic Director for St. Mary School.
◦ Outstanding Matters to be addressed by School Board:
• Tuition Assistance Protocol
• Athletic Eligibility Policy – clarification needed on practice and no play / no play and no practice for two weeks. And, tournament time – is the policy still in effect?
• Isaac Warner, 5th grader will represent Noble Co at the Regional Spelling Bee March 11th.
• Maggie Warner, 7th grader, had the winning design for You Can Lend A Hand Contest.
• Parish Council
◦ Next meeting is Feb 21,2017 at 7 pm and Kim will attend.
Next meeting will be Wednesday, March 8, 2017 – School calendar will be determined.
April Meeting will be March 27, 2017 – Mike Hernandezpeterson and Mrs. Laurie will be our guests.
Adjournment with prayer
Monthly Committee Meeting – Marketing
Annual School Goal: Above all clothe yourself with LOVE, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. Colossians 3:14