St. Mary School provides an authentic Catholic education. This education allows students to be life long learners with an understanding of the call to service.
St. Mary’s Catholic School Board
April 12, 2016
Present: Mrs. Sandor, Angie Jansen, Tina Gienger, Annette Roesener, Carrie Rupley, Tracy Strater, Sara Lake, Melissa Cass, Mrs. Kline, Mike Baker, Brian Myers, Kim Hesher , Jill Dunkel, Brad Targgart
Absent: Father Daniel
Opening - School Board Prayer
Approval of minutes from previous meeting
· Finance & Development- BM/
§ Still in a deficit position, the committee is trying to figure it out.
· Catholic Identity- JD /
§ Nothing to report.
· Enrollment & Marketing- AR /
§ Meeting after tonight’s meeting
· Principal Evaluation -AJ /
§ Meeting to be held 04/13/16, the final evaluation should be completed.
· Strategic Planning-BM /
§ No update
1. Tuition Letter – Jon wrote it; Father Dan is to take it to the Diocese. It has not been taken yet. We need to be accepted as a Choice School. We are really in a bind here, because it has taken so long to get this accomplished.
2. We will go over the Sports Policy at next month’s meeting
1. Constitution changes; see hand out.
2. We should add “recruiting future board members” to the responsibilities of the Catholic Identity committee.
· Next Meeting – 04/13/16 at 6:30 PM. Elections will take place for a new president and secretary. The results will be posted.
· Next year’s HASA dues will be $50.00 – to be paid directly to HASA
· Fundraisers: At the Johnny Appleseed Festival we will be selling IBC Root Beer and water. We need a $300,000.00 Insurance policy for this – HASA is checking on who covers this policy. Cookie Dough will be a fundraiser next year. Trivia Night is a possibility – need to have more participants.
School Administrators Report
§ See Hand-outs
§ No report
Parish Council: The council is getting quotes for the church.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, May 10, 2016. Elections for new officers will take place at this meeting.
Adjournment with a prayer
Monthly Committee Meeting – Enrollment and Marketing
Annual School Goal:
“Let us then pursue what leads to peace and to building up one another.” Romans 14:19