St. Mary School provides an authentic Catholic education. This education allows students to be life long learners with an understanding of the call to service.
St. Mary’s Catholic School Board
November 3, 2015
Present: Mrs. Sandor, Angie Jansen, Tina Gienger, Annette Roesener, Carrie Rupley, Tracy Strater, Sara Lake, Melissa Cass, Mrs. McNutt, Mike Baker, Brian Myers, Jill Dunkel, Father Daniel, Mrs. Curtis Absent: Brad Targgart
Opening - School Board Prayer
Approval of minutes from previous meeting
· Finance & Development- BM/
o The Finance Committee is looking at publishing the financials quarterly for the parish. Volunteers needed for the (possible) Grant Writing Committee.
· Catholic Identity- JD /
o Changes made to the Constitution and have been submitted to Marcia Jordan. Catholic Identity Committee will meet after tonight's meeting.
· Enrollment & Marketing- AR /
o The Student Council Members and volunteers will be walking in the Kendallville Christmas Parade on December 5 (Sending Parishes were invited to participate as well).
o Veteran's Day Program scheduled at the school. Sending Parishes and the Avilla American Legion were invited.
· Principal Evaluation -AJ / Spring
· Strategic Planning-BM /
o Brian is planning on bringing a template to the December Meeting. We will assign Committees and members to gather data at that meeting. Hopefully, we will be able to have a "corrected" Strategic Plan at January's Meeting.
o Still checking with Jon O. to see if he can come to our December's Meeting (Tuition Presentation).
1. School Board In Service Reports-AJ/BM/CR
o Brian, Carrie, Jane and Angie attended the In - Service. See Hand-outs
o We must remember the importance and integrity of a Catholic Education. We are here for Ministry and Evangelization.
o AdvancED - 10 schools from the Diocese will be visited
1. December Meeting-Jon Ormiston-tuition discussion/approval
· Trivia Night was canceled - lack of interest.
· Mother / Son Night may be canceled - lack of interest.
· Possibly going to try Johnny Appleseed next year and sell Root Beer and cookies.
*Next Meeting Wednesday, November 18th @ 6:30 p.m.
School Administrators Report
· See Hand-outs
· November is Black Catholic History Month - each class will participate
· Diversity Grant from the Noble Co Community Foundation will be used to broaden our cultural knowledge.
· Need to change the stove in the kitchen.
· Father is busy helping the 2nd graders prepare for their First Communion.
Parish Council: Volunteer to attend the next meeting:Tuesday, November 17th @ 7pm (St. Mary’s Convent?) Sign-up Sheet
Next Meeting: Tuesday, December 1st @ 6:00 p.m. -CARRY-IN
Adjournment with a prayer
Monthly Committee Meeting - Catholic Identity JD/AJ/MC/CR/JS
Annual School Goal:
“Let us then pursue what leads to peace and to building up one another.” Romans 14:19