St. Mary School provides an authentic Catholic education. This education allows students to be life-long learners with an understanding of the call to service.
St. Mary’s Catholic School Board
October 4, 2016
Opening - School Board Prayer
Welcome of New and Returning Members
Present: Mrs. Sandor, Father Daniel, Jill Dunkel, Annette Roesener, Brian Myers, Carrie Rupley, Laura Fortman, Kim Hesher, Sara Lake, Tina Gienger, Tracy Strater, Chad Helmkamp
Absent: Angie Jansen, Brad Taggart, Melissa Cass
Old / Ongoing Business:
1. School Calendar
§ Yaritza Brinker voiced her concerns on the current school calendar.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting
1. Finance & Development- Brian Myers (Chairman) – Written report Given
2. Catholic Identity- Jill Dunkel (Chairman) - Update from spring/summer
o Committee to meet after tonight’s meeting.
o Light of LearningAward Committee will be Angie, Melissa, Carrie, Kim and Annette.
3. Enrollment & Marketing- (Annette Roesener (Chairman)
o Some members of Marketing Committee (and some faculty members and students) attended:
§ Chicken Dinner at Immaculate Conception in Ege.
§ Chili Dinner at St Gasper’s in Rome City. The priests from those parishes were very happy to meet us and especially our principal, Mrs. Sandor.
§ The Committee will be meeting to make a plan for the Kendallville Christmas Parade 12/03/16.
4. Principal Evaluation – Jill Dunkel
§ The evaluation happens in the Spring.
5. Strategic Planning- Brian Myers (Chairman) – Written Report Given
Old / Ongoing Business, Continued:
1. Diocesan School Board Meeting – Oct 17. Mrs. Sandor, Sara Lake and Tracy Strater will be attending this.
2. Maintanance issues that have been addressed recently:
· Lights and ballast throughout building repaired
· AED installed
· Bushes were ripped out and landscape trimmed
· Filters in water fountain were fixed
· 10-21-16Trunk or Treat
· 11-05-16 Trivia Night
· Working on having a Bingo Night. More info to come on this.
School Administrators Report
· Report given
· The spiritual life of our parish is what matters
· Grandparent’s Mass will be in two weeks.
· For “Allergy Awareness,” – no treats will be given out…for the safety of the kids.
· Still need to get a group together to do grant writing.
Parish Council: Jill attended. They discussed:
· Three are attending RCIA
· Painting the inside of the Church
· We’ve had lots of weddings and baptisms recently.
· Next council meeting will be 10/18/16 and Melissa Cass volunteered to go.
Adjournment with a prayer
Next Meeting: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 @ 6:00 p.m.
Annual School Goal:
"Above all clothe yourself with LOVE, which binds everything together in perfect harmony." Colossians 3:14