Mission Statement: St Mary School provides an authentic Catholic education. This education allows students to be lifelong learners with an understanding of the call to service.
St. Mary’s Catholic School Board
September 1, 2015
Present: Mrs. Sandor, Angie Jansen, Jill Dunkel, Tina Gienger, Annette Roesener, Carrie Rupley, Tracy Strater, Sara Lake, Melissa Cass, Kim Hesher, Mrs. McNutt, Mike Baker,Brian Myers, Mrs. Beckman, Father Daniel / Absent: Brad Taggart
Opening – School Board Prayer
Review of Minutes from last meeting: Minutes Approved
- Finance and Development – Nothing new
- Catholic Identity – Committee Members: Constitution has been sent to the Diocese.
- Enrollment and Marketing - Annette went to the Institute For School & Parish Development Workshop / 25 Suggestions on How to Increase/Retain Enrollment See Handout. Committee to meet after this meeting.
- Principle Evaluation – None
- Strategic Planning – Always Evolving. We will examine a section of the Strategic Plan at each meeting.
- Labor Day Sign Up Sheets – Reminder of when you work.
- Trash Bag Fundraiser…$10/Roll or 6 Rolls for $50.00
- School Board Goals:
- Enrollment & Marketing
- Update the Strategic Plan – update and measure.
- Get the Constitution approved by the Diocese
- New doors with locks
- Fence out back
- New stove in kitchen
- New floor in the gym
- HASA is going through their Constitution
- Cookie Dough will be delivered 09/30/15.
- Fall Trivia Night information to come
- Bingo in the fall - - not looking good.
School Administrator Report
- Handout distributed from Mrs. Sandor
- Meeting with Oak Farm about CYO – Athletics 09/02/15
- “Thank you” to everyone who attended and helped with the Bishop’s Visit.
- “Thank you” to Mrs. Sandor for everything she is doing!!
- “Congratulations” to Angie Jansen, who was named to the Diocesan School Board.
- Angie Jansen volunteered to go to the next meeting
Next Meeting: Tuesday, September 29 at 6:00 PM- Changed to Sept. 22, 2015 - Marsha Jordan (Superintendent of the FWSB Diocese) will be meeting with us.
Adjournment with a prayer
Monthly Committee Meeting – Enrollment and Marketing met after School Board Meeting.
Annual School Goal:
“Let us then pursue what leads to peace and to building up one another.” Romans 14:19